- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Earlier this week, I held my latest FREE player break which consisted of a hobby box of 2020 Topps Triple Threads. I run the free breaks as a way of saying "thank you" to those who buy into my various group breaks - each purchased slot earns you entries into the player randomization raffle!
Each box of 2020 Triple Threads contains two mini boxes - and each mini box promises one autograph and one relic. Before we get to the hits though, let's take a look at the six base cards we pulled (between the two mini boxes):
We have (with the person who won the card in parenthesis):
- Nolan Arendao (Brett Alan)
- Kris Bryant (Ben Morris)
- Freddie Freeman (Colbey Hopper via trade with Fred Pike)
- Ernie Banks (Kerry Biggs)
- Ronald Acuna, Jr. (Jordan Schmidt)
- Nolan Ryan (Jason Williams)
Pretty nice looking base cards even if no one buys Triple Threads for the base cards. Two Braves and two Cubs made me glad this box was a player break and not a team break though - in this way we got to spread the love out a bit more!
Next, on to the serially-numbered parallels:
First, a purple Aaron Judge (Zachary Gibbs).
The Judge is #246/299. I like the purple frames here - in fact, as you'll see as you scroll down, all of the colored parallels look super sharp!
Next, a green parallel of Nico Hoerner (Andy Shafer via trade with Dave Peterson).
The Hoerner is #092/275. A nice bonus here is that Andy Shafer had hoped to acquire Hoerner via a trade with Dave Peterson but he didn't have any players to offer (or of interest?) to Dave. Dave, being the nice guy he is, simply traded the Hoerner slot to Andy for nothing...and wouldn't you know it, a nice Hoerner parallel showed up! Congrats to Andy and a big thanks to Andy for being so generous!
Getting a bit rarer now, our next parallel was an orange parallel of Ryne Sandberg (Jason Williams).
The Sandberg is #019/199 - and yes, I definitely love the orange borders. Fun bit of trivia: Once upon a time (like 3 years ago), I owned a bright orange Subaru vehicle. I still miss that thing!
And for our final parallel we find the rarest one yet - a blue parallel of Gavin Lux (Greg Gay via Brett Alan):
The Lux is numbered 08/25...and my streak of pulling nice Dodgers for Greg continues, lol! I'm guessing Greg will be super happy not only to get a Lux parallel out of 25 but that it's the blue parallel which looks super nice on Dodger cards!
Now, moving on to our four hits - let's start with this Jumbo Relic card of Dustin May (Ben Morris):
The May is numbered 33/36 and it's another nice Dodger rookie pull from our box!
Next, a Autograph Jumbo Relic card of Alex Young (Ben Soman).
The Young is a green parallel numbered 28/50. Although the auto is a sticker, I do like the overall design of this card quite a bit - the bright colored frames help a lot here!
Our next card is another combination of relics and a signature (and another green parallel):
That's triple relic autograph of Mitch Garver (Wade Fisher) numbered 47/50! I love the different cloth colors here - and with the centered signature this is a sharp looking card!
All of the cards we found in the box thus far were nice - but our true hit of the box (maybe even the entire case that this box came from at one point) has to be this one:
That's a 1/1 Yadier Molina patch card! This one is going to Chad Pacey and I think it made for an AWESOME ending to a free box break! If you look closely, you can see that it's a true (gorgeous) patch underneath the lettering on this card - so, so nice!
Congrats to everyone who ended up with something from this box break! I had a great time ripping the box - and I sincerely hope you all enjoyed your chance at something amazing (and even better, I'd say we did pull something amazing with the Molina card)!
If you want a chance for some awesome free cards, be sure to join in some of my future group breaks. I'm going to be starting a new list of names beginning with my next group break (more details on that break soon - join my group break Facebook page to be the first to find out)!
Comments









Not a Triple Threads guy, think most are ugly, but I'm glad Brett offered the trade, the blue Lux looks nice! Now to get the card before the Dodgers trade him.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Yadi patch, but I think it would have looked so much better without the "St. Louis Success" lettering obscuring it. I get that is Triple Threads gimmick, but it fails this time.
ReplyDeleteNice looking cards! Yes, good thing you assigned the players otherwise the Cubs and Dodgers would be big winners!
ReplyDelete