- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm back with another Breaker's Club box recap. I've got a bunch of these to get through before I can finish sorting all of the cards and start mailing out to those who have requested shipping...so buckle up over the next few days - and enjoy the spoils of the ending of another great Breaker's Club!
For today's recap, we are looking at our box of 2021 Topps (Series 2) hobby box. In an effort to keep things as brief as possible here, I'm only going to show the main highlights - but if you want to see each and every card we pulled, feel free to watch the recorded video of the break!
We'll begin with the box topper pack of four cards. Three of our four were "standard" 35th Anniversary Chrome cards.
Certainly nice enough cards but the highlight out of the box topper pack has to be the fourth card - a Purple chrome of Jake Cronenworth - rookie card no less!
This particular card is serially numbered 48/75 and is a great grab for the Padres' slot (congrats to Daniel M. who has San Diego in Breaker's Club #4).
Moving along to the rest of the cards in the box, we pulled a fair number of parallels including a pair of gold parallels:
The golds are serially numbered out of 2021 which is nice. I also think this year's gold design looks particular good with the Giants colors - not quite as good with the White Sox colors, however!
Next, a green parallel:
This one goes to St. Louis and it's numbered 105/499. A nice pick-up for the Cardinals (and Kerry who has St. Louis)!
Next, our final parallel happens to be a parallel of an insert.
I'm not a fan of insert parallels overall, but at least in this case the blue parallel works wonderfully with the Dodgers' uniform colors! Surprisingly (to me at least), this card isn't serially numbered but I still think it's a cool discovery for us.
Before we get to our promised hit (each hobby box promises either one autograph or one relic), let's look at our image variation short print (also called "gimmicks").
This is a "tier one" gimmick in Series 2 and it's definitely a great photograph! Congrats to the Mets (and Brett Alan who has the Mets in the break)!
Finally, our promised hit:
A nice rookie auto of Clarke Schmidt which goes to Jordan Schmidt in our group break. I can only hope that Jordan is somehow related to Clarke...
That does it for our box of 2021 Topps Series 2. It was a fun rip but I have to admit that I think the set suffers from "insert overload." I believe every pack had one insert in it and some packs had multiple inserts - it basically meant the inserts didn't feel special or interesting (and truthfully, many of the inserts in this year's set aren't interesting or special)!
I've got a few more boxes to recap - and now I also have a big box of 2021 Topps to start sorting into team piles!
Comments







Clarke and I are not related, but the way he's been pitching in Scranton so far, I kinda wish he was.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that Conforto photo is pretty sweet!
ReplyDeleteSweet Cronenworth!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the card pics!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty happy with that Walker. Good timing for it.
ReplyDelete