- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
The other day, I mentioned that I made a small order over on Sportlots. In the end, I bought from four separate sellers (one I already showed off). Today, I am able to display the cards from two of the other three sellers - and all feature cards that were on my want list.
First up, the last base card and the last Matinee Idol card that I needed for my 2001 Upper Deck Vintage set build.
That's sets #37 and #38 in the books for the calendar year! Even better, the two cards cost me only 18 cents each - I'll happily finish a pair of sets for a total of 36 cents (plus PWE shipping of course).
The other package that arrived recently also finishes off a single set for me - but this one cost quite a bit more!
That's the last Pride of the People box topper that I needed for my 2015 Allen & Ginter set build (completed set #39 of the year)! Recently, I've shied away from trying to collect A&G box toppers but for whatever reason I found the 2015 Pride of the People set interesting enough that it was worth chasing! I guess I'm a sucker for history and cool locations around the world - and how cool would it be to actually visit all of the places in the Pride of the People set?!
What's in the set, you ask?
Here's the checklist:
1. Christ the Redeemer - Brazil
2. The Great Wall - China
3. Mount Rushmore - United States
4. St. Basil's Cathedral - Russia
5. Eiffel Tower - France
6. Mount Fuji - Japan
7. Big Ben - United Kingdom
8. Angkor Wat - Cambodia
9. Colosseum - Italy
10. Great Pyramid of Giza - Egypt
Of the ten locations, I've been fortunate enough to have visited three in my lifetime (Mount Rushmore, Big Ben, and the Colosseum). Only seven more to go (the Great Pyramids are next on my wish list, that's for certain)!
Back to baseball cards now...at this point, my 2015 A&G want list is now down to only a pair of mini sets (any help here is much appreciated):
2015 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Mini Inserts:
A Healthy Body: Body- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10
A Healthy Mind: Mind- 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10
Three completed sets in a single mail day, not bad at all! I've been enjoying my "Year of the Completed Set" so much that I'm kind of sad to see 2021 getting closer and closer to ending*!
*only on the baseball card front though. 2021 has only been marginally better than 2020 in most other ways.
Comments


Congratulations on completing that set. That box topper is pretty sweet. I hope to add the Mt. Fuji to my collection one day.
ReplyDeleteYou probably wanna stay away from China, at least as long as the CCP is still in charge over there.
ReplyDelete