Featured Post

How is it Monday Already?!

Doesn't it seem like it was just Monday?  No, it's just me?  Fine, be that way.

Seriously though, how fast does the week go by?  Sometimes it feels like I'm waiting all week for the weekend, and then *poof* it's Monday again!  

At least by being Monday again I can show off my latest TCDB trades - this new blog tradition of mine definitely makes Monday's more tolerable.

Let's dig into today's mailbag starting with a trade with user tmgarner1:


Yep, two more needed 2021 Allen & Ginter mini cards.  I'm still enjoying those Good for You cards of the healthy fruits and vegetables.  That's the kind of quirky that I want more of from Allen & Ginter!

Next up, from user deathclaw:


Two more A&G mini cards, this time from the 2021 World Leaders set.  I like that Topps featured some of the more "off the beaten track" countries in the set this year - after all, how often do you get a card featuring the country of Tanzania?

Next, from user corozco comes a single Historic Hits card that I needed:


I'm super happy to report that with the addition of the Joe Carter card above to my binder, my Historic Hits set is now complete!  See, Monday's aren't so bad when you are completing baseball card sets!

Next, from user cubfan131 comes a package that doesn't include 2021 Allen & Ginter cards:


That's a 1993 Topps Black Gold winners redeemed/exchange card which features Barry Larkin (albeit a very, very tiny photo of Larkin)!  I'll have more information about this particular card whenever I get around to showing it off in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts!  

Still more mail!  Next up, from user Ymmat:


That's the penultimate MURAD Reimagined card that I need for my 2021 Allen & Ginter set build.  Once I track down the last card, I'll have all of the full-sized inserts complete for 2021.  Not bad considering we are still only in the month of September (about a month after Ginter's release for the year)!

Next, from user Velli88:


Another 2021 A&G card, this one being a Mascots in Real Life mini card of the ferocious Tiger.  According to the card back, the Tigers mascot wears size 22 shoes (and now you know).

Next, from user killtaker comes the final two cards that I needed to knock off another set from my want list (plus another new Barry Larkin card for my collection):


Yep, the 1999 Pacific Aurora base set is now complete!  That makes 40 (!) sets completed in 2021 (and that total does not include any 2021 sets that I've completed this year).  As for the Larkin card, it's nothing but a regular Topps Chrome base card - but I didn't own it yet so I'm glad to have it for my collection!

Next, from user ScottZoe comes another new (to me) Larkin card:


That's a 1987 The Press Box Collector's Choices of the 1980s card of Barry Larkin.  Admittedly, the set name doesn't exactly roll off of the tongue but I'm still super happy to add this one to my collection!  By my count, there are 19 different Barry Larkin cards from the year 1987.  Of those 19, I now own 16.  If you are wondering, here's what I'm still missing from 1987:
  • #7 Broder Indiana Blue Sox "New Reds Machine"
  • #204 Fleer Glossy
  • #15 Reds Kahn's
I'm hopeful that I'll eventually be able to find those three cards for trade (or purchase).  It'd be cool to say that I have all of the Barry Larkin cards for a certain year - even if that year is only 19 cards in total.

And finally, the last package of the week comes from user Kbradford521:


That's nothing more than one of the few remaining random base cards that I need for my 1999 Pacific set build.  I've still got a ways to go on this one (see below) but every bit helps!
1999 Pacific Wants:
Base:  13, 19, 41, 76, 84, 90, 214, 233, 240, 260, 296, 298, 334, 400, 418, 425, 443
Head shot variations:  368
Team Checklist inserts:  2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29
That does it for another fun week of baseball card trading over on TCDB.  Hopefully, next Monday I'll have even more goodies to show off.  In the past week, I finally got around to fully updating my wants (and haves) for the year 2001 of my Barry Larkin Collection.  I'm hoping I'll be able to start swinging some trades for needed 2001 Larkin cards (in addition to everything else that I'm still looking for on my want list).

Comments