Featured Post

A Trio of TCDB Trades

Another week down and (somehow) the month of October is almost behind us!  As many start (continue?) to celebrate Halloween, let's turn our collective attention to another week's worth of TCDB trading.

This week, we begin with a PWE from user dheim1220:


That's one of the last few short prints that I need from the 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen set.  Much like Topps Heritage, I've soured on the Gypsy Queen brand since the set is chock full of too many hard-to-acquire short prints.  As a set collector, I don't mind a challenge but here we are a full decade later and I'm still missing a bunch of short prints (including those of "no name" players like Greg Halman).

For the record, here's what I'm still looking for out of the 2011 Gypsy Queen set:
2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Wants:
Base: 
  1, 310, 311, 313, 315, 317, 323, 326, 330, 339, 341, 342, 345, 346, 348, 349

Next up, another single card PWE, this time from user JennyMiller521:


That's a 1998 Topps Gallery Player's Private Issue 50 point card.  This is arguably a "junk card" today since it's for some sort of auction that's long since over but I'm still collecting cards like this if they feature Barry Larkin!

The third (and final) trade of the week comes from user Matt9975:


Another new-to-me Barry Larkin card.  This is a Bronze Press Proof from the 1996 Studio set.  As usual, I'll have more to say about each Larkin card once I feature it in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts.  (and for what it's worth, I'm nearly 400 Larkin cards behind now in terms of writing posts versus what I currently have sitting in my "scanned but not written about" folder)!

This was a fairly quiet week on the trade front.  Unfortunately, I seem to have fewer and fewer trade matches happening now on TCDB - and those matches that I do have seem to not want to respond to my trade offers!  That being said, the user base on TCDB is large enough that I do seem to have one or two new potential trade partners each week - and that's good enough for me!  


Comments