Featured Post

TCDB Weekly Wrap-Up: Finalstopshop, juzthavinfun, NYMHall, and pezNpirates

Welcome to the start of yet another week - and with the start of the week comes another TCDB weekly wrap-up!  I keep thinking that trading will grind to a halt now that baseball is over (and the holidays are rapidly approaching) but so far that hasn't quite come true.  Oh sure, my mailbox wasn't as full of trades as it might have been mid-summer but I'm not going to complain about what I was able to trade for this week.  In fact, that's the reason you are here now - to see what I traded for - so let's get to it.

We'll begin with a package from user Finalstopshop:


That's a 2003 Leaf Certified Materials base card of Barry Larkin, one of the many 2003 Barry Larkin cards that I still need for my collection (by my count, I still need 170 more Barry Larkin cards from 2003 alone)!  Of those 170, eleven of them belong to the same Leaf Certified Materials set as that base card you see above:

Yeah, that's a lot of stuff to track down from a single set!  At least the base card is now mine, mine, mine!

Next up, from user juzthavinfun:


Here, we find another Barry Larkin card from 2003, this time from the Topps Opening Day set.  Can you tell that I only recently updated my 2003 haves and wants over on TCDB?  In fact, in the past week or so I've managed to get both 2003 and 2004 wants/haves uploaded to TCDB - that was a big, big job because Larkin has a ton of cards from those years (and even more from 2005, believe it or not).

Moving right along, next we have a PWE from user NYMHall:


User NYMHall lives in Corning, NY which is only about a half hour from where I live which makes this my "closest proximity" trade I've made via TCDB (I've actually traded with NYMHall before on the site).  As for the card, it's yet another Barry Larkin card but this time from 2001 - a rather shiny and fancy looking Leaf Limited card.  All I can say about this card is that it constantly amazes me how many different baseball card sets there were around the turn of the century...and how many of those I know almost nothing about to this day!  

Finally, we end with a PWE from user pezNpirates:


This was my only multi-card trade of the week (in terms of cards received, I think I sent out multiple cards in all four trades).  What you see here is another Larkin card (this time a regular back mini from 2021 as well as a World's Largest mini from 2021).  While I love getting new Barry Larkin cards, I also love knocking cards off of my set want lists!  It's even better when I can do both things in a single swap!

At this point in time, I'm nearly done with most of the 2021 Allen & Ginter set - here's all that I still need:
2021 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Base Super Short Prints:  105 (Akil Baddoo), 184 (Yermin Mercedes), and 252 (Jarred Kelenic)
Mini inserts:
Good for You:  GFY- 3, 4, 7
Hats Off:  MHO- 2, 3, 10, 11, 12
Mascots IRL:  MMI- 3, 5, 9, 14
World Leaders:  MWL- 6, 10, 20
World's Largest:  MWL- 1, 3, 10, 14

I'd love to work out a trade - and yes, I have tons of trade bait (both from 2021 Allen & Ginter as well as a variety of other sets).  If you have anything that I need, let me know!

Comments