Featured Post

TCDB Weekly Wrap-Up (w/ KSJ128, mxgirl00, Philpott, bozo72, and royals)

Happy Monday, everyone.  Normally, I may not look forward to Monday but this Monday is different - I have a two day work week and then I'm off the remainder of the week for Thanksgiving.  Long live college breaks!  

Seeing as how it is, in fact, Monday, let's get to another weekly round-up of my TCDB trades.  As with the past few weeks, trading has definitely slowed down but it hasn't completely stopped (luckily for me)!

We'll begin with a trade with user KSJ128:


That's three cards off of my 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites want list.  I'm nearly done with this particular set.  In fact, I'm close enough to completing it that I'm still holding out hope that I'll finish it prior to the end of the year!  After all, the year 2021 was my self-proclaimed "Year of the Completed Set" so I'd love to keep completing sets as the year comes to a close.  

Have some cards from that set available?  Here's what I still need:
2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites Wants:
Base:  85, 86, 109, 118, 124
Next up, a trade with user mxgirl00:


I'm two-for-two so far this week with trades that have eaten away at my want list!  With the leader of South Korea safely tucked away in my binder, I'm now missing only two more cards from this particular mini set!  An extra shout out to mxgirl00 for packing the card with some Pokemon cards.  I know next-to-nothing about Pokemon but I have a three-year-old son so I'm guessing he'll be into the cards in a few years.  I'll have to set the couple of Pokemon cards aside and give them to him once he starts his own collection!

Next up, a swap with user Philpott:


This was the second person that I traded with this week who had a user rating of "0" on TCDB.  It's always a risk to trade with someone new (because who knows if that person is a legitimate trader or not) but the way I see it is that everyone has to start at zero at some point!  All's well that ends well for me since both Philpott and mxgirl00 both delivered what was expected (and quickly).  As for the card in this trade, it's a 2021 Donruss "Red" parallel serially numbered out of 2021.  I think a better name for the parallel would be either "candy cane" or "barber's pole" but what do I know?  No matter, I'm always happy to add another serially numbered Larkin card to my collection - even if it is literally the seventh version of this card that I now own from the set!

**Editor's note**:  Okay, somehow I didn't realize that I already owned one of the "Red" parallels...whoops.  I guess I have some serially numbered Larkin trade bait now.  Maybe I can flip this one for a different 2021 Donruss parallel that I still need (there's so many parallels in the set, surely someone has one to offer)!

Next up, a trade with bozo72:


That's a 2000 Fleer Focus card of Mark Quinn, mostly notable because it's part of the (serially-numbered) short print portion of the set.  The Prospect cards are all numbered out of 3999 so they aren't exactly super rare but when  you are collecting a set that's over 20 years old it tends to be kind of difficult to track down random short prints like this!  Case in point, here's my updated want list for this set:
2000 Fleer Focus Wants:
Base:  (all are serially-numbered):  226, 227, 228, 229, 231, 233, 234, 237, 242, 243, 245, 247, 249, 250
Yeah, still lots more short prints to find!

Finally, my last trade was with user royals:
Royals (aka Josh) is someone who I've worked with in the past via trading/group breaks so we have a bit of a history (always fun to find people I "know" over on TCDB)!  In this swap, I landed a pair of new-to-me Larkin cards.  I'll have more to say about each of those cards when I feature them in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts!

That does it for this past week in trading.  All things considered, it was a strong week considering I had a rather limited number of trades.  I expect trading to continue to slow down even more for this week since we have Thanksgiving in the middle of the week - but hopefully I'll get one or two envelopes to show up so that I have something to show off next week at this time!  

Comments

  1. Nice week! After not doing any trades for a few weeks, I completed 3 this past week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment