Featured Post

12 Days of Christmas (Day 5): Top 8 Larkin Cards from 2001 (from my recent Larkin lot purchase)

Welcome to my latest theme week:  12 Days of Christmas!  Each day, I'll be counting down by one - and with it, a new list that encompasses the day's number.  


For today, we are going to take a look at another stack of Barry Larkin cards from my recent huge Larkin lot purchase.  In particular, I've got the Top 8 cards from that purchase from the year 2001!

Top 8 2001 Cards from my Recent Barry Larkin Purchase

#8:  2001 Upper Deck Sweet Spot - #58


Chalk this one up as a mistake buy seeing as how not only did I already have one of these for my Larkin binder but I also had a second copy in my duplicate box...  Whoops!  

#7:  2001 SP Game Bat - #87


Alright, I'm now 0-for-2 in terms of buying cards that I thought I needed but actually already owned.  I happen to like the SP Game Bat card a bit more than the Sweet Spot, hence it's ranking being slightly better.

#6:  Topps Fusion - #21


We are now 0-for-3 in terms of me getting new cards for my collection.  At this point, it should be painfully clear that me relying on my memory alone when looking at a (text) list of possible Larkin cards to buy is a bad, bad idea!  I will say, had there been a photo of each card I would have known that I owned this card already - the Topps Fusion design is definitely memorable if nothing else.

#5:  Topps Fusion - #28


The second Topps Fusion card I bought...and the second one I already owned.  Whoops.  We are now 0-for-4 and things are looking pretty bleak, huh?  Well, I promise things get better coming up next!

#4:  Topps Gold Label - Class 1 Gold - #9 - #211/999


Finally, a card that I actually needed!  This is a Class 1 Gold parallel and is serially numbered out of 999 on the back of the card.  I'm a big fan of the late Topps Gold Label sets from this era so I was certainly pleased to be able to land this particular card for my collection!

#3:  Topps Gold Label - Class 2 Gold - #9 - #471/699


My second Gold parallel from the 2001 Gold Label set - this one being numbered out of 699.  Such a pretty card!

#2:  2001 Fleer Authority - Diamond Cuts relic


Barry's 2001 Fleer Authority Diamond Cuts relic has a stated print run of 1000 copies (though the card is not serially-numbered).  There is also a second Diamond Cuts card of Barry which is a retail-exclusive relic (that one had a print run of only 250 and features a piece of a base as the relic).

#1:  2001 Leaf Certified Materials - Fabric of the Game Career - FG-76 - #201/300


We end with another relic card, this time from the 2001 Leaf Certified Materials set.  This particular relic is numbered out of 300.  It's worth noting here that this is the "Career" parallel of the relic set.  I don't (yet?) own the regular relic, nor do I own any of the rarer versions (Century, Jersey Number, or Season).

That does it for today's 12 Days of Christmas list!  I may have accidentally purchased four duplicate cards but at least the other four cards that I actually needed were quite nice!  Also, now you know why I insist on making so many lists...without them I just waste my cash unknowingly.  

Comments