Welcome to my latest theme week: 12 Days of Christmas! Each day, I'll be counting down by one - and with it, a new list that encompasses the day's number.
For today, we are going to take a look at the best cards that I received this week via TCDB trades. I normally do my TCDB trade recaps on Monday of each week but trading has slowed down considerably lately so consider this a combination of last week's trades plus this coming week's swaps.
Top 7 Cards from this Week's TCDB Trades!
#7: 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites - #85. Joe Morgan
I could have sworn I had about five copies of this card from various "random Reds" trades over the years but I couldn't find any of them when I decided to actually build the '05 Fan Favorites base set earlier this summer. Now that I ended up trading for this one, I fully expect I'll find about half a dozen of these Morgan cards sitting in a pile somewhere...mocking me.
#6: 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter - Mascots in Real Life: #3. Cardinal
I guess I'd rather have a bird cardinal card rather than a St. Louis Cardinal card...Seriously though, I'm happy to acquire the cardinal here since it now moves to within three cards of finishing off this mini insert set for good!
#5: 2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites - #118. Steve Garvey
Another needed base card from the Fan Favorites set. I love the interesting angle on this card, plus all the fans in the stands. Anyone know what stadium this is? As for the set, I'm now within a mere two cards before I can knock this set off of my want list (I still need #86: Juan Marichal and #124: Ron Santo).
#4: 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter - Hats Off: #11. Newsboy
Not the most exciting image I've ever seen on a baseball card, I will say that. However, it's quirky and that's exactly what I personally love about the Allen & Ginter brand.
#3: 2003 Upper Deck MVP - #246. Barry Larkin
My lone new Barry Larkin addition for the week. This card proved to be fairly elusive - the first time the person I traded with sent it out to me it got lost in the mail (it's been over a month now from that first mailing and the card never did arrive). Luckily for me, the trader had a second copy and was able to send again...this time it arrived in three days. Go figure!
#2: 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter - Hats Off: #3. Fedora
The Fedora is definitely a "cooler" hat than the Newsboy hat shown above. I'm happy to have both in my possession now though since it means I'm down to needing only three more cards from the Hats Off set!
#1: 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter - Good for You: #7. Grapefruit
I don't even like grapefruit but I was most excited to get this card because the Good for You set is one of my favorite Ginter mini sets in recent years. I'm a big fan of food so a set like this is right up my alley. Perhaps even more exciting, I'm now only missing two more cards from this set!
Here's what I need out of this year's Allen & Ginter various mini sets:
Good for You: GFY- 3, 4
Hats Off: MHO- 2, 10, 12
Mascots IRL: MMI- 5, 9, 14
World Leaders: MWL- 6, 20
World's Largest: MWL- 3, 10, 14
A special shout out to TCDB users SuddenSam, sparkchaser 41, dallasdanger, Jquip001, and CoachBarry who supplied me with all of the cards you see above.
Comments
Post a Comment