Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 855: 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup (blue ink variation)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup
Card number:  no number


The 1991 Kenner Starting Lineup set comes in two different versions - a blue ink back (shown here) and a black ink back (which I don't yet own).  Other than the ink color, the two cards are identical.  As for the card front, it reminds me a lot of a cross between 1991 Fleer (with the bright yellow borders) and maybe 1990 Score with the large team logos.  I think the design is actually really solid - even if the end result does look almost more like a playing card than it does a baseball card.  It's a shame we can't get more "oddball" cards like this with actual team logos on them in the modern era of collecting baseball cards!  

Comments

  1. I've been collecting Kenner SLU cards for a very long time... and I never knew about the ink variation. I'll have to compare my binder with my dupes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment