Featured Post

More from the 1997 Limited Box! (Packs 5 - 8)

I'm back with another batch of cards out of my 1997 Limited box.   I'm still hoping to pull at least one of the six Barry Larkin cards that I need from the set (three base short prints and three parallels of those same short prints)!  

Pack 5:
13.  Alex Rodriguez / Edgar Renteria
24.  Gary Sheffield / Ron Gant
40.  Nomar Garciaparra / Mark Grudzielanek


60.  Dennis Reyes / Jimmy Key
90.  Will Clark / Jeff Conine

That Nomar card has to be the card with the toughest pair of last names to spell on a single card in the history of baseball cards, right?!

Pack 6:
33.  Brooks Kieschnick / Marty Cordova
56.  Tino Martinez / Ryan McGuire


59.  Sammy Sosa / Angel Echevarria 
80.  Shawn Estes / Alex Fernandez 
86.  Billy Wagner / Dennis Eckersley

Not a whole lot to write home about in this pack though I'm guessing Tino collectors would perhaps take issue with my statement!

Pack 7:
48.  Craig Biggio / Scott Spiezio
72.  Scott Rolen / Edgardo Alfonzo
97.  John Mabry / F. P. Santangelo
151.  Jaret Wright / Ben McDonald
166.  Brady Anderson / Al Martin


I haven't mentioned it yet but I do like the tiny banner at the bottom of each card with a "fact" about the featured player.  Obviously, with a different player on both sides of the card there are no statistics to be found but at least Donruss did fit a tiny bit of player-specific information on each card.

Pack 8:
31.  Travis Fryman / Chris Snopek
92.  John Wetteland / Rod Beck
179.  Raul Casanova / Todd Hundley
plus two badly miscut cards...
Ventura is paired with Chipper Jones while Durham has Chuck Knoblauch on the front side of his card.

That does it for this batch of four packs.  Not a whole lot of interest here - no inserts, no parallels, and two more miscut cards...If nothing else, I'm more and more convinced that I made the right move to not use this box as a group break box!

Comments

  1. Haven't seen these cards before. Bummer about the miscuts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment