Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 871: 1991 Red Foley Stickers - #58

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1991
Brand:  Red Foley Stickers
Card number:  58


I've mentioned a number of different times on the blog that I struggle with whether or not I should include stickers (such as the Red Foley Sticker shown above) in my Barry Larkin Collection (and by extension, whether I should consider missing stickers as empty spaces in my collection).  For now, I've made the decision that stickers do count as "cards" but I reserve the right to change my mind down the line!  

For now though, let's gaze at this sticker.  First, it should be noted that the back is completely plain - obviously stickers like this were designed to end up stuck to the pages of an album.  That said, if all the stickers from the set look like the Larkin one, I think I'd probably pass on the entire album.  Here, we get Barry at an odd angle so that we can't really make out his face (the shadows don't help either).  We also get about half of an umpire standing there...and absolutely no idea what is happening in the play (maybe the photo was taken while the pitcher was in motion)?  

I guess not every "card" can be a favorite - and while I am happy to have tracked down this oddball, it doesn't exactly make think that I have to collect every other sticker set out there!

Comments