Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 872: 1991 Topps Cracker Jacks - 11 - 4 in 1

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Topps Cracker Jacks
Card number:  11
Insert set:  4 in 1


The regular 1991 Topps Cracker Jacks set was issued in select boxes of Cracker Jacks.  Each card was "micro" in size - you can see the Barry Larkin card here as I've written about it previously.  What you see for today's post is actually the 4-in-1 card that is the size of a standard baseball card and features four different Cracker Jack cards on it.

According to Baseballcardpedia, the 4-in-1 cards were never "officially" released, instead they seem to have been shown off at trade shows as either test runs or uncut sheets.  For me, this is a much neater "oddball" type of card for my Barry Larkin Collection than the other variations of the era (such as the Donruss "extra asterisk variation" or other such nonsense)!  

Comments

  1. I always wondered where these 4-in-1 cards came from. Figured they were a send-a-way set or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool. I have a few micros but don't know if I'll ever complete the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew about these Cracker Jack 4-in-1 cards. They're kinda reminescent of the 1969 Topps football 4-in-1 inserts:

    https://www.tcdb.com/Checklist.cfm/sid/8853/1969-Topps---Four-in-One

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment