Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 879: 1987 Kahn's

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Kahn's 
Card number:  none


The year 1987 is the official rookie card year for Barry and the 1987 Kahn's card is definitely one of the harder cards from that particular year to track down!  I ended up having to buy a slabbed card (ugh) because it was the only copy I could find at the time I was looking - and now I'm too nervous to break the card out of its slab for fear of damaging the card!  

While the card might be stuck in the slab for now, I can still appreciate the card for what it is (a fairly solid "oddball" release).  The back of the card is kind of lacking but I have to say that I love the simplicity of the front photograph - in particular, I love the view of all the people in the background.  How could would it be to be one of those people and see yourself on a baseball card?!  Oh yeah, I can't overlook that glorious running man Reds logo either - nice and bright, really pops!

By my count, there are 19 different 1987 rookie cards of Barry that I needed to track down.  With the Kahn's in hand, I'm now only missing two more (and one of those two should be in the mail en route to me as you read this post)!  Not bad, not bad at all!

Comments

  1. Good luck finding that last '87 rookie. Hopefully it's not slabbed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you already know this, but there's a bunch of videos on YT that show folks how to get cards out of these things. I watched a couple before I attempted to unslab some cards a few years back, and was then able to do so without damaging the cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment