Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 882: 1987 Fleer - #204 - Glossy

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Fleer
Card number:  204
Parallel set:  Glossy


The 1987 Fleer Glossy set was a limited edition factory set that Fleer produced.  The only difference (that I'm aware of) between a regular 1987 Fleer card and 1987 Fleer Glossy card is the Glossy card has a (no surprise) glossy coating on the front of the card.

I bought the card you see above from a seller who had it labeled as the 1987 Fleer Glossy card.  That being said, I can't say I saw a big difference of touch when compared to my "regular" Fleer Larkin card from the same year.  I guess all I can do is hope that my card is, in fact, the glossy version - it did seem to be a bit glossier but the difference wasn't as pronounced as I'd prefer it to be!


Comments

  1. To my knowledge the glossy's were only available in the tin sets released between 87-89. Like you said the only difference I can see is the "glossyness" of the card. Maybe this was Fleer's effort to be like Topps, when Topps released the Tiffany sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment