Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 883: 1992 Leaf - #73 - variation 2

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Leaf
Card number:  73 (variation 2)


This is the "LEAF, INC" variation of Barry's 1992 Leaf card.  In essence, there are two versions of each of the 1992 Leaf base cards - those with the copyright line of "LEAF, INC" and those with a copyright line of "LEAF, INC."  The only difference?  A period that is either after "INC" or missing.  Stupid?  Sure, but that's the curse of being a player collector for a player who played in the late 80s/early 90s!

As for the card itself, I'm already on the record for saying that I don't love the gray borders and overall dull design (though I do like the bright team logos on both the front and back of the card).  If I'm being honest, the design has grown on me some over the years...not enough for me to say that I like the design but I definitely appreciate it more now than maybe I did even a few years ago.

  

Comments

  1. A design that signs well in part due to it being understated. Nice photo of Candlestick on here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't vote 92L as one of the greatest baseball card designs of the 90's, but I do appreciate the simplicity. Plus some of the cards feature well cropped action shots like your Larkin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment