Featured Post

Being a Cheapskate isn't Always Bad!

Every now and then, I get the urge to splurge on eBay for some needed Barry Larkin cards.  Of course, by my standards "splurge" means simply "spend some amount of money" as my usual mode of acquiring new Larkin cards is via trade (i.e. "free").  I'm nothing if not cheap a lot of the time!

Anyhow, I was on eBay looking around and ended up finding a seller who had a trio of needed Barry Larkin cards - all for cheap.  My favorite kind of price to be sure.  Here's what I was able to nab:


The Topps 10 card is the die-cut version which has some of the weirdest die-cutting I've ever seen (basically the one side got attacked by a hole-punch).  The Leaf card is a Press Proof parallel (the red version).  For my money, the various Press Proofs parallels are some of the dumbest parallels in existence but...as a player collector I still won't turn down a cheap one that I need!  And finally, the Stadium Club Chrome card is actually the refractor version which you probably can't easily tell from the scan.

In the end, I was able to make a single purchase to land three Larkin parallels...all for under $6 including shipping. Not bad at all!

Comments

  1. Some die-cuts are interesting, but there's quite a few out there that aren't too. I really hate spending money on the bad ones, especially those that look like someone went "hole-puncher" happy on them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment