Featured Post

TCDB Monday: Tradin' with torcato & MELSALE

It's another Monday, but hey, at least it's the last Monday of March.  I'm so sick of cold weather (this week is to be quite cold and rainy where I live) and the simple act of turning the calendar over to April is encouraging.  

Enough weather talk though, let's talk cardboard!

I had a relatively light week of trading on TCDB this week - only two incoming envelopes but that's still better than nothing!

First up, from user torcato comes a trio of cards that I needed - two for two different set builds and one for my Barry Larkin Collection: 


The Klesko is from the 2001 Topps HD set - a gorgeous, underrated set from the turn of the century.  The Sneed is one of the many short print rookie cards from the 2000 Stadium Club set, not quite as gorgeous of a set as the '01 HD but still a nice looking set that I continue to try and build in full!  Speaking of, here's what I'm still missing out of that set - any help is appreciated:

2000 Topps Stadium Club Wants:
Base:  208, 210, 216, 220, 226, 228, 230, 233, 234, 244, 247, 249, 250

The only other TCDB trade envelope from last week came courtesy of user MELSALE:  


That's yet another one of the "stupid" variation cards from the late 80s/early 90s.  In this case, it's a 1990 Topps Big card - with the C* on the back of the card.  Dumb?   Certainly.  Needed?  Yep, I'm a crazy player collector so why not go for all the oddities that I can find out there?!

And that does it for the week - two new Larkins, two new set build needs.  I've had more exciting weeks but any week with at least one incoming trade is a good hobby week in my book!  ...now to go back to TCDB to try and propose some more swaps for next week!



Comments

  1. I wonder if anyone has a mini-collection of cards that show the ball coming towards the viewer? It seems like there's been a lot of those cards over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment