Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #19

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#19:  Philadelphia Phillies (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #13, 8)


Coming in at #19 on my list (and falling back quite a bit from the previous two times I've done this list) is the Philadelphia Phillies.  My thoughts on the Phillies can best be summed up as "if I don't hear about them, they are fine but otherwise I don't care for them."  I teach at a college in central PA so we have a few Phillies fans at the college - and they can be quite annoying at times.  It's even worse if they know I like the Reds because then they give me those "pity eyes" which I hate...even if all Reds fans do deserve some pity these days.  

Kind of a petty reason to knock the Phillies back over 10 slots from their place in my 2020 rankings but so-be-it.  Also, I'm still not over that no-hitter of the Reds in the playoffs a decade ago.

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  Texas Rangers
#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#19:  Philadelphia Phillies
#18:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 16
John Sharp 15
Fuji 15
Crocodile 13
bbcardz 12
hiflew 11
Matt 11
The Lost Collector 8
Night Owl 6
Wilson 3
Nick Vossbrink 3
Mike Matson 3
Jafronius 2
Adam Kaningher 2
Alan Deakins 2
madding 1
Wrigley Wax 1

Next up in the countdown, a team that definitely wants to win and win now which I can respect...but also a team that's slipped down my rankings quite a bit from previous years because I'll probably forever be someone who roots for an underdog.

Comments

  1. Hmmm...Mets? I'm going to go with Mets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised the Phillies phell so much. I blame Bryce Harper. B^) The Phillies are definitely a Mets rival, but beyond that I suppose I don't have particularly negative feelings toward them.

    I'm hoping my Mets haven't fallen THAT far, so I'll guess the Twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll got with the Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to go against the grain and say Blue Jays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some really good guesses here but I'm gonna say Mariners.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment