Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #20

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #19, 7)
Will this guy ever pitch again in MLB?


For some unknown reason, back in 2020 I had the Diamondbacks ranked #7 in my MLB countdown.  I couldn't tell you why that was...but at least some sense of normalcy has returned with the Diamondbacks heading back to the 20ish range which feels much more correct!

For me, the Diamondbacks are one of those teams that I know exists but generally ignore.  I distinctly remember rooting for them in the World Series over the Yankees - but that's probably the last time I've purposely watched one of their games (at least if the Reds weren't the opponent).  

Other than that, my only other thought related to the team is that I would like to visit their ballpark someday as it looks like it could be a neat one to see in person.  I might be better off waiting until the team is worth watching - but hey, maybe someday I'll make the cross-country trip to Arizona and catch a game (you won't catch me swimming, however).

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  Texas Rangers
#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#19:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 15
John Sharp 14
Fuji 14
Crocodile 13
hiflew 10
bbcardz 10
Matt 10
The Lost Collector 7
Night Owl 6
Wilson 3
Nick Vossbrink 3
Jafronius 2
Adam Kaningher 2
Mike Matson 2
Alan Deakins 2
madding 1
Wrigley Wax 1

Next up in the countdown, a team that I probably should like a lot more than I do.  They are trying to win, and in fact, usually are trying to win (even if it doesn't always work out for them).  Unfortunately, they also handed my Reds an embarrassing loss a few years ago and I have a long memory with very little forgiveness (at least until the Reds finally win again which isn't looking likely for a long, long time).

Comments

  1. Let's go with Padres on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Padres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch the Padres when I can because of former Michigan Wolverine Jake Cronenworth.

    I'm going Rockies next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going with Padres. Although I am shocked we haven't seen the Pirates yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's the Padres too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go see the Dodgers at Arizona's ballpark--and it's just one state away. For #19 I'll go with the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phillies it is, bbcardz got it right! I was surprised by the all the Padres votes though I guess that team does fit my hint fairly well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment