Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #23

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#23:  Miami Marlins (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #21, 25)


Just when I thought I couldn't like the Marlins any less, Derek Jeter had to get involved with the team...and ever since that point, the Marlins have been a perennial bottom 10 team for me (this despite the fact that I rooted for the Marlins during both of their World Series appearances in the past)!

Nowadays, the Marlins are mostly just forgettable.  Don't take my word for it though, check out the apathetic Florida fans...the Marlins' park is often nearly empty!  In addition, when is the last time you stumbled across a Marlins blogger these days?  I knew of one Marlins fan who used to blog many, many years ago but since he quit blogging there's been nothing, nada, zip, zilch.  The only good news here is that Topps also often forgets about the Marlins these days so at least my stack of unwanted Marlins cards isn't nearly as large as you might think given that I never have anyone to trade the cards away to!  

Heck, I don't even expect most of you who have been commenting throughout this countdown (and contest!) to care much about the Marlins...but I do thank you for stopping by each day - it makes doing this sort of thing fun for me too!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 11
John Sharp 10
hiflew 9
Fuji 9
Crocodile 8
bbcardz 8
Matt 8
The Lost Collector 6
Night Owl 5
Wilson 2
madding 1
Nick Vossbrink 1
Wrigley Wax 1

Up next is another old NL rival of my Reds - and perhaps even more proof that I neither forgive nor forget.

Comments

  1. I'm taking the Pirates today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirates are the only NL Central team remaining (outside of the Reds), so gotta go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife has family in Florida who are big Marlins fans. Otherwise, yeah, I don't care for them either. Sticking with the Pirates as up next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, I don't have much in the way of feelings one way or another about the Marlins, even though they're in my team's division. Mostly they're the team that won it all twice and then sold off all the good players.

    I'm going to guess that *old* NL rivals means the Astros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houston's up next

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL yeah Houston and Cincinnati will always be in the NL West in my mind.

    One reason to hate the Marlins is Marlins Man is annoying as hell. I'm totally waiting for a Marlins or Rays fan to join Card Twitter (or the blogging circle) and get absolutely buried in cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll go with Houston too. Sorry I was late to the contest! Had fun reading up on the past posts, except for the Cubs one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one got this one! Brett Alan picked up on the "old" part of the NL rival but picked the wrong team!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment