Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #24

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#24:  Milwaukee Brewers (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #22, 23)


The Milwaukee Brewers are a rather interesting team in that they have been consistently slipping further and further down my rankings...and not-so-coincidentally, the team has been playing better and better in the NL Central.  For years, the Brewers never seemed like a huge threat to my Reds but lately Milwaukee has definitely been the superior team - and thus, they continue to free fall in my rankings.  Another year of the Brew Crew at the top of the NL Central and don't be surprised to see Milwaukee in my bottom five!

My hint for the Brewers in my previous post was that I had an awesome game day experience at their park and that's completely true.  Prior to the game, Brewers fans packed the parking lot with all sort of tailgating treats and activities...truly like a college football game...and then once the game started it was one of the most boisterous baseball games I've ever been to (in a good way)!  Plenty of good-natured ribbing back-and-forth between the Reds fans and the Brewers fans in attendance, and the game itself swung back in forth in favor of one team and then the next.  Unfortunately for me, the Reds came up short that day but it was still an awesome stadium experience and I'd love to get back to a game in Milwaukee someday if for no other reason than to see if the magic was fleeting or if there's something special happening at Brewers games!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 9
hiflew 9
John Sharp 8
Fuji 8
Crocodile 6
bbcardz 6
Matt 7
The Lost Collector 5
Night Owl 4
madding 1
Wilson 1
Nick Vossbrink 1
Wrigley Wax 1

Up next is a bit of a display of my own contradictory ways in that it's a team that generally doesn't care about winning (which I hate) though my favorite team has also been guilty of not caring about winning for the better part of a decade...and especially this year!

Comments

  1. Shoot I forgot to enter a guess yesterday. I'll take the Marlins today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't care about winning - sadly there are a few options there. I'm going to say Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly... I'll nominate my own favorite team: the Oakland A's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going Marlins today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brewers have yet to win a World Series (although they did appear in the 1982 WS, losing to the Cardinals). Gotta give kudos to the Milwaukee faithful for sticking with them, especially now with the Brewers now being one of the better NL teams. I think the Marlins are next on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll join the Marlins train.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going with the Pirates, although I can't see rating the poor Pirates that low.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to go with the A's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've missed a few days... I'll guess Pittsburgh is next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops I was late on this one

      Delete

Post a Comment