Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #25

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#25:  Chicago Cubs (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #25, 24)


We head back to the NL Central for the next team in my MLB rankings - the Chicago Cubs.  Truthfully, I kind of rooted for the Cubs against many other teams back when the Cubs were the "lovable losers" but now that they've tasted success I find the team to be rather insufferable.  That being said, the Cubs success didn't last all that long and the team has kind of gone back to being a bunch of losers...so who knows, maybe Chicago will find itself back in my good (or at least better) graces in the future.

The Cubs will always have a chance to move up because they were my grandfather's favorite team - and while I may never love the Cubs, he sure did so I do feel some sort of connection to the Cubs in that way.  

All that said, here's an unpopular opinion to end today's thoughts on the team:  Wrigley Field is overrated.  Sure, it's old (which I do appreciate) and the ivy covered wall is cool but the rest of the stadium could only best be described as "dumpy" - at least it was when I was there a number of years ago.  I don't need to pee in a trough while at a MLB game...especially not for the prices you have to pay to get into the ballpark.  Furthermore, there are plenty of seats in the park that you simply want to avoid (bad views...or in some cases, a view of nothing but a support pole).  Couple that with cramped concourses and uninspiring food options and you've got yourself an overrated park!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
hiflew 9
John Sharp 8
Brett Alan 7
Fuji 7
Crocodile 6
bbcardz 6
Matt 6
Night Owl 4
The Lost Collector 4
madding 1
Wilson 1
Nick Vossbrink 1

Up next in my rankings:  One of my favorite ballpark experiences, even though the game I saw there ended up with my Reds losing.

Comments

  1. I'm going to say Pittsburgh. They have a great stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the Oakland Coliseum isn't the only stadium where you have to pee in a trough ;D

    I'll go with Pittsburgh too. Whenever you hear stories about great ballpark experiences, I feel like PNC is in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved going to Wrigley when I was in college. Had to sit along the baselines, though--the bleachers were full of "fans" who just came to get drunk and carry on.

    I'll try the Brewers again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to give Wrigley another visit. They've made massive improvements and it is a much-improved experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go with the Phillies just to be a little different, even though feels like Pittsburgh might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brett Alan with the lone correct guess here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment