Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #27

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#27:  Washington Nationals (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #27, 26)


The Washington Nationals are another team that has basically been near the bottom of my MLB rankings ever since I started doing them - and quite honestly, they'll probably stay there far into the future because I still don't forgive them for leaving Montreal all those years ago!  

I haven't had many good memories involving the Nationals - I mentioned in the last post that the a visit to the Nats home ballpark was one of my worst MLB trip experiences (though to be fair, I had a good trip there one year as well where three of us - myself, a Reds fan, plus two Yankee fans - ended up on the jumbotron with our non-Nats hats on and we all cheered for our own teams (the game featured neither the Yankees nor the Reds which made it even funnier for us).  

But yeah, one random moment doesn't make up for leaving Montreal, nor does it make up for continually signing players that I generally don't care for (Harper, Strassburg, etc.).  Will the Nationals ever escape my bottom five teams?  I guess you'll have to check back in next year to find out!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 5
Fuji 5
hiflew 5
John Sharp 5
Crocodile 4
Matt 3
The Lost Collector 3
bbcardz 2
Night Owl 2
madding 1
Wilson 1

Next time, my unforgiving nature shows up again with a team that caused me a lot of heartache a few years ago which will close out my bottom five MLB teams.

Comments

  1. Oh no I forgot to enter yesterday! Oh well. I'll take the Giants this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I''ll say Marlins are next..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going Astros next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the Nationals' stadium. I did go to Olympic Stadium in Montreal twice. Probably the least appealing MLB stadium I've been to, not that there are that many.

    I'll be bold and pick the Braves next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also annoyed that the Expos left. It was the easiest stadium to get to (pre-pandemic, of course).

    Gotta be the Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta be Giants next. I remember the heartache well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's the Giants too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ding ding, Giants are up next! Congrats bbcardz, hiflew, night owl, and Crocodile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment