Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #28

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#28:  Boston Red Sox (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #26, 29)


The Boston Red Sox are definitely better than the Yankees in my mind - I'll root for Boston ten times out of ten when those two teams match-up.  That being said, since that match-up is almost assuredly on ESPN as the nationally televised game of the week, I'll also more than likely simply ignore the game entirely.  Most of my Boston hate comes from how closely connected the Red Sox are with the Yankees.  It's almost as if you can't have one team without the other...and since I don't want the Yankees ever, by default I also have to basically not want the Red Sox either.

Also, I've been to Boston exactly once in my life (not to a baseball game though since I visited during the MLB offseason).  During that one visit, I found Boston to be a rather tricky place to drive around though the locals were a lot friendlier overall than those who reside in Philly!  I'm not really sure how any of that plays into my feelings on the Red Sox but there you go, #28 for the 2022 season is the Boston Red Sox.


My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  ??


Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Brett Alan 4
Crocodile 4
Fuji 4
hiflew 4
John Sharp 3
Matt 3
bbcardz 2
The Lost Collector 2
Night Owl 2
madding 1
Wilson 1

Next time, we switch back to the National League for a few teams in a row.  As an extra hint, the team in spot #27 on this year's list is a team for which I had one of the worst overall ballpark experiences ever while at their home stadium.

Comments

  1. Worst ballpark experience? The A's come to mind, but they aren't in the NL. Based on last year's rankings, the Giants would be next... but they have a fantastic ballpark. So I'll go with the Marlins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Oakland's ballpark but from what I hear it'd be a rather poor experience!

      Delete
  2. I'll go with the Phillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Boston a number of times, although most of them were when I was too young to drive. Pretty sure I did drive there at least once, but I don't have any particularly memories of it. I do have fond memories of my visits to Fenway, though.

    I'll guess the Brewers next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nationals. Haven't heard glowing things about the park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say Giants. My reasoning is that they didn't do anything last season to deserve rising up anyone's list. And I could imagine having a poor experience in that stadium in spit of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Sharp got this one right!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment