Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 884: 1990 Topps Big - #189 - variation 1

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1990
Brand:  Topps Big
Card number:  189 (variation)


Thanks to my process of uploading my entire Barry Larkin Collection onto TCDB (a process that I'm still not quite done with by the way), I've learned about a ton of (pointless) variations including today's card:  a 1990 Topps Big variation where there is a different letter at the bottom of the back of the card.  That's right, this version has a "C" at the bottom whereas the other known version of Larkin's card has a "D" at the bottom.

That's it.  That's the difference...but it means two different Larkin cards in my collection and since I now have them both I guess I'm happy with that!

Comments

  1. The "racist..?" cartoons on the back are a sticking point with this set. Just a weird design choice for the time. Wouldn't it have been easy for the Topps artist to simply swap the color of the skin and the bat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed these letter variations with some of my Steve Largent cards from the late 80's. I wonder if the letters are different sheets or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment