Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 885: 1992 Red Foley Stickers - #55

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1992
Brand:  Red Foley Stickers
Card number:  55


I've often debated about whether or not I should include stickers such as the Red Foley Stickers as part of my main Barry Larkin Collection.  Obviously, I decided on the answer of "yes, I should" since I'm including this particular sticker as card #885 in my Larkin Collection!

As for the sticker, it's part of the 130 card 1992 Red Foley Stickers set.  Barry was featured along with four other Reds in the set (counting manager Lou Piniella).  Oddly, Chris Sabo was featured twice in the set.  As for Larkin, I like that he gets a rather unique angle for the photograph - Barry looks primed to steal a base here which is cool.  Obviously the "card" back is useless since this is a sticker (presumably) meant to go in an album.  The one change I would have liked to see made though is to have the player's name somewhere on the sticker, even if it's in small font on the border someplace.  Otherwise, it's a perfectly fine sticker and I suppose a worthy addition to my Larkin Collection!

Comments