Featured Post

Smile, Smilodon!

Over the past several weeks, I made a number of small purchases on eBay in an effort to whittle down some of my want list, especially those tricky-to-find cards that never seem to appear in trade offers!  Today, I've got one of my final eBay buys (for now) but it doesn't count as a "small purchase" by my standards:


That's one of the super short print patches from the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set.  That particular patch set has a total of 60 patches spread out across four different rarity tiers.  The Smilodon is part of the hardest-to-find subset seeded at a whopping 1 in 578 packs!  Unfortunately for me, there are a total of 5 cards in the super rare tier...and they don't come cheap (this was the first one I found for under $100).  I'm not willing to spend that much for what is basically a manu-patch but if I can sneak one for a substantial number less than that (such as what I paid for the Smilodon) well...I'll do that every single time!

Happy to land one such rare card, especially since I originally figured I'd never own any of the super rare patches!  Now that one is in hand, I can't help but wonder when I might be able to land the next one!

Comments