Featured Post

TCDB Monday: Starting Collecting a New Set (from the Year 2000)

Happy Monday, everyone.  Today's a rather strange TCDB Monday post for me - I only received one package this past week but that particular package held over 60 cards from my want list.

Of course, it probably helped that I recently added a new set to my TCDB want list - the 2000 Pacific set to be precise.  User madams30 had a ton of cards that I needed and we were able to work out one of the largest swaps I've done on the site this year.

Yep, lots of Pacific goodness in there!  


I've spent a long time trying to find an unopened box of 2000 Pacific baseball but I've continually struck out.  As such, I finally decided to try and build the set via trading instead...and I'd say I'm off to a great start on that venture!


The 2000 Pacific set is a classic design - simple, understated, and yet still wonderful.  I think it's the little touches like the team-specific colored bar at the bottom of each card that does it for me.  The only real bummer about the set is that much of the photography is quite dull (I picked out some of the better images based on the cards I received in the trade).  

Hopefully you'll see some more 2000 Pacific cards in future TCDB trade posts - after all, I've gotta have something to work on over on that site or else my Monday series of posts will come to a crashing halt!

Comments