Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #1

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#1:  Cincinnati Reds (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #1, 1)


We've finally made it to the top spot in my MLB rankings - and no surprise, it's the Cincinnati Reds...though lately they've been making it real tough to support them.  Heck, yesterday they managed to somehow no-hit the Pirates and still lose.  That's a special kind of ineptitude.

I don't have much else to say about the Reds right now (I kind of summarized most of my feelings in yesterday's post).  However, I will say that they are still my favorite team though if I have to select a second team to follow this year it might be the Blue Jays (though some of you put forth good arguments for me to follow the Twins, Tigers, Mets, and A's among others - though sorry Night Owl, I can't root for the Marlins and I definitely don't want piles of Marlins cards showing up in my mailbox any time soon)!

I want to thank all of you for reading along (and commenting).  I've enjoyed the entire countdown - and within the next couple of days I'll get the contest portion wrapped up and announce the winner!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  Texas Rangers
#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#19:  Philadelphia Phillies
#18:  New York Mets
#17:  Baltimore Orioles
#16:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#15:  Los Angeles Angels
#14:  San Diego Padres
#13:  Oakland Athletics
#12:  Colorado Rockies
#11:  Houston Astros
#10:  Minnesota Twins
#9:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#8:  Cleveland Guardians
#7:  Tampa Bay Rays
#6:  Detroit Tigers
#5:  Chicago White Sox
#4:  Seattle Mariners
#3:  Kansas City Royals
#2:  Toronto Blue Jays
#1:  Cincinnati Reds

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Crocodile 41
Fuji 40
Brett Alan 37
John Sharp 34
bbcardz 33
hiflew 29
Matt 29
The Lost Collector 25
Night Owl 15
Mike Matson 16
Jafronius 8
Nick Vossbrink 4
Wilson 3
Adam Kaningher 2
Alan Deakins 2
Elliptical Man 2
madding 1
Wrigley Wax 1


Up next, the countdown is done and I can return to my "regular" posting!  Soon, I'll do the contest randomization and announce the winner as well.

Comments

  1. Jeff Conine played for the Reds? I do not remember that at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apparently after that played 21 games for the Mets, which I don't remember, either, and I'm a Mets fan!

      Delete
  2. If our community is ever blessed with a Marlins collector... he/she will be very fortunate. Don't think I've ever sent a single Marlins card out that wasn't an Ichiro, Miggy, or set need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment