Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #4

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#4:  Seattle Mariners (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #6, 3)


The Seattle Mariners drop one spot back in this year's rankings (as compared to my 2020 rankings) but even so the Mariners have managed to be a Top 6 MLB team for me in each of the three years that I've compiled my rankings.

The reasons for this are two-fold.  First, I used to root for Seattle as my AL team of choice back when Griffey, Buhner, and Randy Johnson all played for the team.  Of course, that was a long time ago now.  Today's Mariner teams often seem to be full of ex-Reds which I like (such as Eugenio Saurez and Jesse Winker which are both on this year's Mariners club).

I also like the Mariners in large part because of both the city of Seattle (which I enjoyed during my one trip there in my lifetime) as well as the fact that the Mariners, as an AL West team, rarely butt heads with my Reds.  Kind of nice to have no sense of rivalry or animosity with my favorite team!

My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  Texas Rangers
#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#19:  Philadelphia Phillies
#18:  New York Mets
#17:  Baltimore Orioles
#16:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#15:  Los Angeles Angels
#14:  San Diego Padres
#13:  Oakland Athletics
#12:  Colorado Rockies
#11:  Houston Astros
#10:  Minnesota Twins
#9:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#8:  Cleveland Guardians
#7:  Tampa Bay Rays
#6:  Detroit Tigers
#5:  Chicago White Sox
#4:  Seattle Mariners
#3:  ??

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Crocodile 38
Fuji 37
Brett Alan 35
John Sharp 33
bbcardz 31
hiflew 26
Matt 26
The Lost Collector 24
Night Owl 14
Mike Matson 14
Jafronius 5
Nick Vossbrink 4
Wilson 3
Adam Kaningher 2
Alan Deakins 2
madding 1
Wrigley Wax 1
Elliptical Man 1

Up next, we have a team in blue.  (take a guess, it's 50/50 at this point).

Comments

  1. Sticking with Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mariners had some legendary players (Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Alex Rodriguez, Edgar Martinez, Ichiro, etc.) but somehow have never appeared in a World Series--even with a 116-win season in 2001. Would love to see them in this year's World Series if the Angels don't make it. As for #3, I'll go with the Royals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Royals for me as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not happy with the Mariners at the moment as they beat my Mets tonight. Then again, the Rangers came back from down 2-0 AGAIN to stay alive against the Penguins, so the Mets are secondary.

    Going Royals again. Either it will be right this time or next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment