Featured Post

30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts - 2022 Edition: #6

Welcome back to the next post in my 30 MLB Teams in 30 Posts countdown (plus the contest - see the bottom of the post for details on that).

#6:  Detroit Tigers (Previous Rankings - 2019, 2020: #10, 5)


The Detroit Tigers slip one spot to land just outside my Top 5 this year.  I find myself liking a bunch of the AL Central teams lately and the Tigers certainly are one such team.  I enjoyed Detroit when they had Verlander pitching for them (and Miguel Cabrera hitting) and I've more-or-less enjoyed them ever since.  Heck, I've even made the trek to Detroit to watch the Tigers play in person on two separate occasions (once we traveled through Canada and the other we traveled through the US Midwest).  Both trips were fun and Detroit's stadium is nice enough (with a good sandwich stand that I currently forget the name of)!

If you'd like to relive the two aforementioned trips to Detroit, here's the trip I made in 2012 and then here's my next trip to Detroit back in 2016.  I'm glad I documented those trips on the blog, it's fun to go back and look through the photos!


My 2022 MLB Rankings (so far):
#30:  St. Louis Cardinals
#29:  New York Yankees
#28:  Boston Red Sox
#27:  Washington Nationals
#26:  San Francisco Giants
#25:  Chicago Cubs
#24:  Milwaukee Brewers
#23:  Miami Marlins
#22:  Atlanta Braves
#21:  Texas Rangers
#20:  Arizona Diamondbacks
#19:  Philadelphia Phillies
#18:  New York Mets
#17:  Baltimore Orioles
#16:  Los Angeles Dodgers
#15:  Los Angeles Angels
#14:  San Diego Padres
#13:  Oakland Athletics
#12:  Colorado Rockies
#11:  Houston Astros
#10:  Minnesota Twins
#9:  Pittsburgh Pirates
#8:  Cleveland Guardians
#7:  Tampa Bay Rays
#6:  Detroit Tigers
#5:  ???

Contest entries to date (see here for details):
Fuji 34
Crocodile 34
Brett Alan 33
John Sharp 30
bbcardz 27
hiflew 25
Matt 23
The Lost Collector 23
Night Owl 14
Mike Matson 12
Jafronius 5
Nick Vossbrink 4
Wilson 3
Adam Kaningher 2
Alan Deakins 2
madding 1
Wrigley Wax 1
Elliptical Man 1

Up next, we head into the Top 5 for this year!  Clues are virtually impossible at this point with such few choices but for team #5 I'll say it was a team that I saw play in one of the two road trips to Detroit that I linked above.

Comments

  1. Must be the White Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm going to say Blue Jays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say Blue Jays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to keep guessing Royals until I figure out what they did to move up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Detroit franchise has been around for ages--I feel bad for their fanbase that this looks like another stinker season for them. I'll go with the White Sox for #5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. White Sox was correct!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment