Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

More from the 2000 Pacific Box including TWO Gold Parallels!

After a fun first round of pack rips from my 2000 Pacific box, I'm back to rip another six packs today!

Packs 7 - 12:

We'll start with a few of my favorite base cards from this group of packs:


Lots of good stuff there including a rather old Cal Ripken, Jr.!  While the above cards are certainly all nice, the best base card has to be this one:


Yep, the first Larkin sighting of the box.  This is the image variation Larkin card (i.e. the "head shot" card).  Both versions were seeded equally (I think) so neither the regular base nor the variation base is considered a short print but even so, it's nice to get this one for the collection (I owned one copy but I needed a second copy for my set binder)!

Finally, I found not one, but TWO different retail only Gold parallels - each numbered out of 199.  


Oh sure, I wish I could have gotten a Barry Larkin Gold parallel but I'm still happy to have landed two parallels in the box (I figured I'd be lucky to get one)!  I may try to list this on TCDB to see if I can't flip them for a similarly numbered Larkin parallel (not necessarily from Pacific but if there is a Pacific Larkin parallel then yes please)!

That does it for this set of six packs - and just like that we are halfway through the box.  It's a base card heavy box but I kind of prefer that - it makes the few inserts and parallels seem more special (plus with Pacific's wacky inserts, many of them actually are special - like that Christmas ornament we pulled in the first six packs)!

More to come from this box soon, stay tuned for that.

Comments

  1. I like the simplicity of the base design. They cards are nice and understated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment