Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 894: 1992 Pinnacle - #7 - Team Pinnacle

Barry Larkin & Cal Ripken, Jr.
Year:  1992
Brand:  Pinnacle
Insert set:  Team Pinnacle
Card number:  7


This is one of the latest additions to my personal Barry Larkin Collection and it's a nice card from way back in 1992!  According to baseballcardpedia, the Team Pinnacle cards were seeded 1:100 wax packs (odds for other types of packs not given on the site so I'm not sure if the Team Pinnacle cards were more common in other product distribution options).  

As for the card itself, you get two Hall of Famers for the price of one - Ripken on one side (the front) and Larkin on the other (the back).  You get two copies of Pinnacle cheesy anti-counterfeit "bar code" as well if you are into useless "technology."  I think Pinnacle was competing with Upper Deck's hologram but it's probably safe to say that Upper Deck won that battle.  

Otherwise, this is a surprisingly nice card out of a product line (Pinnacle) that I rarely was interested in.  I'm definitely happy to add this one to my collection!

Comments

  1. I love this set! Although I do wonder if the odds are accurate on Baseballcardpedia. Beckett says they were randomly inserted. I know that 1992 Pinnacle was way overproduced, but 90's inserts are pretty trendy right now and I just grabbed the Griffey from this set for under $5. Normally inserts of Griffey with those pack odds would sell for much more than that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment