Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 900: 2018 Topps Tribute - #TTR-BL - Tribute Triple Relics #/150

Barry Larkin
Year:  2018
Brand:  Topps Tribute
Insert set:  Tribute Triple Relics
Card number:  TTR-BL  #045/150


I've made it to my 900th different Barry Larkin cards here at Nachos Grande!  This number is by no means accurate to the total number of different Larkin cards that I currently own, but it's definitely a good start!  My personal Barry Larkin spreadsheet has me at 1,388 different Larkins (and even that's wrong since I haven't updated the spreadsheet with most cards from 2018 through 2022)!  No matter, 900 is a nice round number and so I decided to show off one of my Larkin relics for today's post.

The 2018 Topps Tribute set is like most high-end Topps stuff...sets that I know virtually nothing about because I can't afford the "lottery ticket" boxes that are the boxes this stuff comes in.  I do know that this particular card comes in a variety of parallels (Green #/99, Purple #/50, Orange #/25, and White #/1) - and I also know I'll probably never own most of those other versions!  Barry was also featured in the Dual Relic insert set (with the same parallel varieties) and I don't own any of those either.  

All that said, this is supposed to be a celebratory post, so let's not focus on what I don't own and instead look at this beauty that I do own.  I do like the triple relic bit, though honestly it kind of looks like two relics with the white bit split in half by the overlay (is that really two different bits of cloth - and if so, is it from two different articles of clothing)?  We'll never know since Topps gives no information about the relics on the card's backside.  

With 900 Larkin posts now written, I still have no plans to slow down.  In fact, I've already got nearly 500 more Barry Larkin cards scanned and ready to show off at some point in the future!  

Comments