Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 901: 1992 Upper Deck - #144 - Gold Hologram

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1992
Brand:  Upper Deck
Parallel set:  Gold Hologram
Card number:  144


The 1992 Upper Deck set came in two main "flavors" the regular (retail) set had a silver hologram on the back while cards from the complete factory box set had a gold hologram on the back.  Other than the color of the hologram, this card is exactly the same as the retail version (though the gold holograms do seem to be much rarer overall, at least in my personal experience).  

As for the card itself, I'm on record as saying I think the 1992 Upper Deck set is better than the 1993 set even if that's probably an unpopular opinion.  Perhaps I'm swayed a bit by nostalgia as the 1992 UD set was one that I had a lot of as a kid (and thus studied many of those cards over and over)!  Luckily for me, the 1992 Larkin card is particularly nice and it even has a unique shot of Larkin on the back (one that I've not seen used on any other set before or since)!


Comments