Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 904: 1993 Bicycle Reds - Seven of Spades

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Bicycle Cincinnati Reds Playing Cards
Card number:  Seven of Spades


Earlier this week, I showed off the other Barry Larkin card from this same deck of cards (the Ace of Hearts).  Today, we look at the "lesser" of the two cards - Larkin's 7 of Spades card.  Truthfully, despite the lower numerical rank, I think the 7 of Spades card is superior to Larkin's other playing card in that this one has a much more interesting (and unique) photograph.  Sure, you could make the argument that it's tough to even know who is featured in the photo, but I think I'd still take that over yet another "standing in the batter's box" image.

No matter which card image you choose, it probably doesn't matter as this is a proper deck of playing cards so you are probably much more likely to be focusing on the suits and ranks!  Still, it's a fun little oddball type card for the collection!

Comments

  1. Playing cards add a nice variety when flipping through a bindered player collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Bicycle should start making these decks of cards for teams again. I know I'd be all over the A's and Padres decks. I know there's a company out there that does produce sports and entertainment playing cards, but neither of my teams made their cut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment