Featured Post

Nothing But the Good Stuff in this Purchase!

Today's post is a fun post for me because it is the culmination of a number of week's worth of eBay auctions that I've won from the same seller who has been unloading his massive Barry Larkin collection into the world.  This particular seller seems to have a lot of the rarer Larkin cards but he also has been listing some "more affordable" cards that I need as well!

Let's begin with a 2003 Donruss Diamond King card:


This might not look overly special but it's actually a Silver Sample card that you could only find in Beckett Magazine back in the day.  There are a large number of "sample" cards from the 90s and early 00s that I need to track down for my Larkin Collection so anytime I can find one, I'm happy!

Next, we move to 2018 for a different sort of parallel.  


This is a 1983 Topps Baseball insert - but not the "regular" version but rather the black parallel (serially numbered out of 299).  I fully admit that cards like this are not my thing...who wants parallels of inserts to begin with?  However, as a Larkin collector I do feel somewhat compelled to track them all down when possible and so here we are.

Speaking of pointless parallels, how about we bring Donruss into the conversation?


That's a 2020 Donruss "Career Stat Line" parallel numbered out of 441 (the career number of doubles for Larkin).  I think parallels like this are even worse than the colored parallels like the black parallel above...but again, as a Larkin collector I do feel compelled to add as many of the parallels as I can to my collection)!

Let's move on to something that I don't usually buy:  Larkin relics!


I was able to grab this lovely little SP Legendary Cuts relic of Larkin for a decent price - and it happens to be numbered out of 225 which means it is one of the few serially-numbered Larkin relics in my collection!

Next up, one of the many Epix parallels and inserts from 1998.


That's a purple "moment" insert from the 1998 Score Rookies & Traded set.  The Epix insert set was split up into several parallels and then spread out across a bunch of different Pinnacle brands in 1998.  It's a mess of a thing to try and figure out entirely!

Finally, we end with the one of the cooler Larkin cards that I've gotten lately:


That's a 2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia card.  More specifically, it's a "Absolutely Ink Swatch Single" and it's numbered out of 150 on the back of the card.  I don't even mind the sticker autograph here as I think the overall look of this card is quite good!

That does it for my Larkin purchases over the past couple of weeks.  Not a bad haul!  

Comments

  1. Very nice eBay haul! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the autograph is cool, the Epix wins it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take color border parallels, no matter the year, over just about any other parallel. They're more interesting than 'stat-line' parallels and "this card has silver lettering instead of gold" parallels. ... Inserts like Epix are a disaster, but at least the colors are nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment