Featured Post

Saving the Best of Sportlots for Last!

I'm finally back to show off the last envelope's worth of cards from my Sportlots purchase a few weeks ago.  This particular bunch of cards comes courtesy of user lexcards.

Normally, I like to wait until the end of the post to show off the "best" card but I'm going to switch things up today and begin with the highlight of the entire package:


Yep, two more Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Joy that I needed for my 2010 Allen & Ginter set build.  The only bad thing here is that I thought was buying a third needed card from this set from lexcards but it ended up being a listing error on his part (he refunded my money so no worries there though I'd rather have had that third needed card).  Still, I'm super happy grabbing a pair of rather rare minis - and with Jack and the Beanstalk plus the (creepy) Easter Bunny cards now in hand, I'm only missing Little Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks.

In addition to the Creatures of LMJ above, user lexcards also had some regular back minis that I needed from the same 2010 Allen & Ginter set.


Overall, I've made some solid progress on my 2010 Ginter set build lately - so much so that I can now show off my full want list and not have it span too many lines of text!
2010 Allen & Ginter Wants:  
Minis:
World's Biggest:  6, 7, 9, 14, 19, 25
Celestial Stars:  CS 4, 5
Regular back minis:  6, 34, 54, 212, 230, 274, 294
Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Joy:
CLMJ4 Goldilocks
CLMJ5 Little Red Riding Hood
Framed Relics:
AJ.  Avery Jenkins
DH.  Dan Haren
DU.  Dan Uggla
KF.  Kosuke Fukudome
LB.  Lance Berkman
NF.  Neftali Feliz
RH.  Ryan Howard (bat only)

Finally, one last mini (this time from 2009) from lexcards:


That Jared Weaver is the final regular back mini that I needed to complete my 2009 mini base set!  At this point, I've now completed 18 sets in 2022 - a total that is frankly quite shocking given how difficult many of those sets had proven to be to collect over the years!  

Thank goodness for sites like Sportlots or I'd probably have given up card collecting (certainly set collecting) many years ago!

Comments

  1. Seems like they should've tried for an older looking photo of the Easter Bunny. The contemporary picture really stands out from some of the other cards that you've shown, and not necessarily in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment