Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

A New Semester Begins (also TCDB Mail)!

Today's the start of the new semester at work - another semester of me teaching a boat load of Calculus (two sections of Calculus I and a section of Multivariable Calculus to be precise).  I'm hoping for a return to "normal" as far as teaching goes - and I'm also happy to report that this Monday I can return to my normal TCDB programming as well!

Yep, after getting nothing last week in the mail, this week I do have some TCDB goodies to show off beginning with this packed envelope from user bobberkill.  The package contained a total of three cards - but two of them were pesky short prints that I needed for my 2009 Topps Heritage set build.
It's actually kind of amazing that bobberkill had two short prints that I needed considering that prior to this trade I was only missing four short prints from the set!  So if you are doing the math along with me at home, that means I am down to needing only two more short prints for my set!

2009 Topps Heritage (Low and High Series) Wants:
Base:  446, 698
Rookie Performers:  RP-03, 10, 15

In addition to the Heritage set help, bobberkill also sent me a needed Barry Larkin card for my collection:
That's a 1993 Topps Black Gold Winners Redemption Winner A 1-11 card...a mouthful of a set name to be sure but a nice card to add to my Larkin binder!  One could probably argue that this isn't a proper Barry Larkin card but I count this one since it features a (mini) version of Larkin's card on it and Larkin is listed by name on the back.  For reasons I can't explain when I think about it, I don't include Reds team checklists that feature Larkin in them in my binder...I guess it's my collection, my rules!

Next up, a trade with user cubfan131 in which I sent off a small number of rookies plus a short print in order to acquire this:


That's a 2018 Panini Diamond Kings Bat Kings relic card - and it's not often I'm able to trade for Larkin relics!  Pretty cool card - and definitely a fun one to work out a trade for!  

Finally, we end the week's worth of trading with a nice swap with user jlcre2003:


Three more Barry Larkin cards for my collection plus a needed A&G mini card from 2013 (a year that I decided to go after the main versions of each mini card for all of the Reds in the set).  Each of the Larkin cards will (eventually) be featured individually in their own Barry Larkin Collection post so I think I'll end today's post here!

Not a bad week - and certainly not a bad way to start "back to school."  Have a good week, everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment