Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 910: 1991 Donruss - #5 - Super Diamond Kings

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Donruss
Insert set:  Super Diamond Kings
Card number:  5


The 1991 Donruss Super Diamond Kings were a special 5" x 7" parallel that you could only get via mail-in order.  I had no idea that the set even existed until I started loading my Barry Larkin Collection into TCDB and saw that I was missing this particular card!  According to baseballcardpedia, you could acquire the Super Diamond King set cards by mailing in three wax wrappers plus $14.00.  That seems like a lot of money for the time but had you done that back in 1991 you could probably make a tidy profit today selling each of the cards in the set!

As for me, I'm happy to have the Barry Larkin card but I won't be chasing after any other cards in the set.  I'm also kind of amazed that my collection is now up to 910 different Barry Larkin cards...with plenty more to come!  The 1991 version of me would be very excited to know what my collection would become.

Comments