Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 914: 1993 Kenner Starting Lineup - Portrait variation

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup
Card number:  None  (portrait variation)


The 1993 Kenner Starting Lineup set features two different versions of Barry Larkin - a portrait version (shown above) and a Star Fielder version (which I also own but have not yet featured in a Barry Larkin Collection post...but soon I will, I promise)!

The card itself has strong "Studio" vibes from the early 90s.  I think it's probably the hatless head shot of Larkin along with the plain background that makes me think this could easily be a card from Studio.  Not much else to say about this one as it's kind of plain (not bad, per se, but definitely plain).  I was never big into Starting Lineup figures (even as a kid) so it is kind of a treat to find Starting Lineup cards that I need every now and then!  

Comments

  1. I love the look of Kenner SLU still sealed in a package. If I had a big enough man cave, my walls would be decorated with them. But about ten years ago, I started cracking them out of their package and putting the cards in binders. 1993 was a good year... because they gave card collectors more bang for their buck with two cards with each figure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment