Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

More 2022 Baseball Releases Delayed...*sigh*

Earlier this summer, I made a couple of orders over on Dave and Adams for some baseball card boxes.  The first order was for me - a bunch of 2022 Topps Allen & Ginter boxes and those were to be my first boxes of 2022 product that I bought for myself.  The original release date was sometime in September but now Dave and Adams is showing the release date to be November 23!  Ugh.

The other order that I made was for some newer products to feature over on my Facebook group break page.  That order includes:
  • 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Hobby Box
  • 2022 Panini Select Hobby Box
  • 2022 Topps Heritage High Number Hobby Box
Of those three releases, I'm still waiting on the Heritage High Number (that release date is now supposed to be November 30.  If you think you might be interested in any of those boxes, I would invite you to check out my Facebook group break page here.

With all of the delays, it's a wonder that any new product makes it way to my door but I am at least able to show off a single new 2022 baseball card:


That's a 2022 Topps Pristine base card of Barry Larkin that I grabbed off of eBay.  I actually wanted to rip a box of 2022 Pristine as part of a group break but the prices on boxes are so high (~$500) that I didn't think I'd be able to sell enough slots (and even if I did, I don't think that the value is there at all)!  That all said, I will say that I think that the base card design is sharp looking and I'll definitely be trying to add some of the Larkin parallels from the set to my collection if I see them in the wild!

Speaking of seeing things in the wild, I might as well show off my other recent Larkin eBay purchase:


That's a 1998 Pinnacle Museum Collection parallel and it's one of many 1998 Barry Larkin cards that I still need (according to my spreadsheet, I need 194 more Larkin cards from '98 alone)!

A fun couple of mail packages and it was nice to get something brand new from 2022.  Now, I can only hope that the boxes I've ordered end up actually released in 2022...I don't want a repeat of the 2021 Topps Big League debacle!


Comments

  1. I know I'm probably in the minority but I would much rather the boxes get delayed IF they are making sure to get photos of everyone with their current team or reflect the current season if a team changes uniforms. If it's just delayed and everything is still outdated that's another story entirely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If 2021 Big League is any indication, I wouldn't expect updates!

      Delete
  2. Stadium Club is being forever pushed back as well. Disappointing to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kinda sucks to hear A&G is delayed. I'm hoping to open a blaster (assuming I can find one when they are released).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment