Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 921: 1989 O-Pee-Chee Stickers - #44 (Variation 1)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  O-Pee-Chee Stickers
Card number:  44 (Variation 1)


The 1989 O-Pee-Chee Stickers set comes with a bunch of different variations, at least as far as Barry Larkin cards go!  To the best of my knowledge, there are six different pairings of cards and stickers for which Barry Larkin is present.  Four of those have Barry Larkin as the "card" portion with different players on the "sticker" side of the card while the last two variations have Barry as one of the stickers with a different player on the "card" side of things.  While the variations don't have official names, in my personal spreadsheet I designated today's pairing of the Larkin card back with stickers of Bob Welch and Kevin Seitzer as variation 1.  

What's interesting to me is that I now own all of the 1989 O-Pee-Chee Sticker variations where Barry is on the card back.  What I don't own is either of the two variations where Barry is featured on one of the stickers.  I think that's yet another sign that stickers should have player names on them - how many people overlook the sticker side simply because they can't tell who the featured player is?!  

For the record, if you have an O-Pee-Chee sticker back with either Tom Browning or Dwight Evans on it, flip it over to see if you have a Barry Larkin sticker...and if you do, let me know if it's available for trade as those are two of the final seven Barry Larkin cards that I am still searching for from the year 1989!

Comments