Featured Post

Delivery Time! Retro Stickers from Angus!

This past week was quiet on the TCDB front, not a single trade arrived in my mailbox!  Luckily, I did have a couple of blog readers send me packages (something that hasn't happened much lately)!  Today, we'll take a look at a package from blog reader Angus.

Angus sent me a smattering of Borden Reds stickers, eight of them in total.

The stickers have glorious 80s images on them - I actually love the look of both the design of each sticker and the photos chosen.  The Eddie Milner at the top of the scan is probably my favorite but I'm also partial to Eric Davis' smiling pose as well.  Heck, even Soto's pensive expression is evocative of a man deep in thought!

The backs of the stickers are used for advertising Borden products (no surprise there since these are Borden branded stickers).  


Each sticker offers the holder savings of between 10 cents and 25 cents for things such as cottage cheese, ice cream, and Dutch chocolate.  I also love that the coupons address the grocery store as "Mr. Grocer."  

Many thanks to Angus for the stickers, they'll make for a fun addition to my Reds oddball collection!  

Comments

  1. Those are pretty great. I love oddball stuff like this (and stickers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy them. I'm sometimes shocked at the things I can find for sale at shows here in Ottawa, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I've never seen these stickers. The player number inside of the Cincinnati letter "C" is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stickers. Love the bright red borders... and the zoomed out action shots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment