Featured Post

The Quest for 35!

Nothing Spooky About this Week on TCDB

On the long list of holidays, I have to admit that Halloween never did much for me.  As a kid, I wasn't big on candy and as an adult I don't care much for scary/horror movies.  I don't get a thrill out of dressing up nor do I care much about any sort ghouls, goblins, or ghosts.  So yeah, happy Halloween if that's your jam but as for me, I'd rather spend the day talking about more baseball card trades!

Speaking of trades, it's Monday which means it is time for a look at my last week over on TCDB.  

I only had two trades show up this week but they were good ones!  We'll begin with a simple swap with user cdsforme.


That's a 2019 Topps X Lindor card of Barry Larkin.  I don't know anything about the Topps X Lindor set other than the fact that it came up as a missing Barry Larkin card in my collection as I updated my 2019 Larkin cards on TCDB.  I believe that this set was an online exclusive - but I could be wrong about that.  I'll have to do some proper research prior to featuring the card in one of my recurring Barry Larkin Collection series of posts!

My other trade from last week came courtesy of user mm_tribe:


The 1998 Studio card is a Silver Studio Proof parallel while the 2018 Gallery card is a Hall of Fame Gallery insert.  Fun to get a pair of Larkin cards in a single trade - and I found it interesting that the two cards were separated by two decade's worth of time!

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  Two trades is pretty good for this time of year, both because I think interest in baseball (and thus baseball cards) wanes as the season winds down but also because my work schedule and responsibilities get quite hectic this time of year!

As I said at the outset, nothing but treats here at Nachos Grande...so for those that celebrate Halloween today, be safe out there!

Comments

  1. Didn't even like Halloween as a kid? Now that's scary :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment