Featured Post

The Challenge of Completing Sets, Little Red Riding Hood, and an Early Holiday Gift Suggestion...what more do you want from a blog post?!

As the year 2022 draws ever closer to ending, I'm still working diligently on my main goal of the year which is to reduce my want list substantially.  Part of my drive to reduce my want list is based on practicality - namely, I have limited physical space to store baseball card binders (and thus, I need to be more choosy about what I try to collect).  Another part of my drive to collect less is quite honestly a lack of motivation by newer baseball cards.  It certainly hasn't helped my own self any that Topps delayed this year's release of Allen & Ginter all the way until November (and even then who knows if it'll come out when they say it will).  

Luckily, while the current year's card releases haven't done much for me, I have been able to dive back into some older releases and work on my collection of them.  Case in point for today - a set from 2010 Allen & Ginter:  Creatures of Legend, Myth, and Joy.


The above card is Little Red Riding Hood and she's the eighth (out of nine) card that I now have for the set.  Amazingly, this is a set that I only decided to collect earlier this year - and now here we are with a bit over two months to go until the close of 2022 and I'm this close to having the thing completed.  In fact, that final card has already been bought over on Sportlots (but I'm trying the "Sportlots box" option so I don't have any of those cards in hand yet).

On a completely different note, if you are in the market for a gift this holiday season for a young child, I'd highly recommend the book Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems.  My son got this book as a year or two ago and he loved it.  We've since given copies of the same book as gifts to many of our family and friends with younger children and it's always a hit.  For whatever reason, today's card of Little Red Riding Hood made me think of Goldilocks and well, word association meant a book suggestion!  The little kids in your family will thank me (well, more likely they'll thank you since you gave the gift but you know what I mean)!

Comments