Featured Post

The Past Week on TCDB: Parallels, "the Kid", and a Metal Prospect

With another week in the books, it's time to look at my recent TCDB trades!  This was another decent week with three envelopes showing up in my mailbox.  

We'll begin with a swap with user hiflew (who you may remember from Cards from the Quarry):


That's a nice trio of Barry Larkin parallels from 2022 Donruss plus a Larkin parallel from the 2020 Donruss set.  There are so many parallels in modern Donruss sets so getting any of them is nice...getting four at once?  Even better!  I haven't gotten around to updating my TCDB want list for the year 2020 and up (yet) but hopefully I'll get around to that soon - and when I do, expect to see plenty of Donruss parallels on my want list!

Moving on, next up I have a package from user bdlehman18:


That's a 1998 Topps Gold Label (Class 1) card of Ken Griffey, Jr. and it's a beautiful looking card!  I made the decision earlier this fall to chase after the full '98 Gold Label set and this is one of the "big name" cards that I was still missing.  Definitely nice to add this one to my set binder!

Finally, we end with another set need - this time from user Erdoro:


That's a 2000 Metal short print and it's one of the last few cards I need for that particular set build. 

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  A nice selection of new Barry Larkins plus a couple of set build needs.  Can't do hope for much more than that, especially as my want list gets whittled down to fewer and fewer cards that I'm actively collecting!

Comments

  1. That Griffey is gorgeous. Love Gold Label from that era. The Piatt is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping that Cards from the Quarry will be revived at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment