Featured Post

2022 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 1 - Packs 13 - 16

I've officially made it to the second half of my first 2022 Topps Allen & Ginter box.  Still not a single hit has shown up so I'm expecting some fireworks in the final portion of this break!

Box 1:

Pack 13:
1.  Yadier Molina
24.  Kris Bryant
107.  Lou Brock
177.  Vidal Brujan
219.  Jeremiah Paprocki
303.  Frankie Montas
Mini:  103.  Yuli Gurriel
Banner Season:  BS-33.  Hideki Matsui


Well, Yadier Molina gets the coveted card #1 in this year's set.  I guess I can't begrudge Topps since Molina retired in 2022 but I'd still rather have just about anyone else in that card spot other than Molina!  Maybe I'm just a bitter Reds fan!

Pack 14:

14.  Ronald Acuna, Jr.
26.  Lou Gehrig
81.  Nick Castellanos
113.  Ozzie Albies
176.  JJ Matijevic
292.  Charlie Sheen
Mini:  321.  Luis Urias
Pitching a Gem:  PAG-1.  Greg Maddux


Still digging those Pitching a Gem cards.  Maddux certainly deserves his spot in the insert set as he pitched plenty of gems over his illustrious career!

Pack 15:

73.  Shane Bieber
141.  Hideki Matsui
170.  Joe Ryan
201.  Blake Jamieson
257.  Diego Castillo
333.  Steve Garvey
Mini A&G back:  294.  Josh Winder
What's Cookin'?  WC-5.  Dark Brown Sugar


The What's Cookin' cards are kind of low-key hilarious.  You need to get them all to get some sort of barbeque sauce recipe from Rodney Scott, pitmaster (who also happens to be a subject in this year's Ginter set).  I'm all about cooking so I love this quirky set though I can imagine plenty of other people out there will hate pulling a card of simply "dark brown sugar."

Pack 16:

100.  Hyun-Jin Ryu
119.  Corey Seager
212.  Otto Lopez
267.  Alyssa Naeher
Mini:  228. Steven Kwan
Banner Season:  BS-28.  Tom Seaver
Full-Sized Relic:  AGRB-CB.  Charlie Berens


Finally, my first hit of the box shows up at the two-thirds completed mark!  I don't know anything about Mr. Berens but I will say he has good taste in shirts as I might own a plaid work short that looks almost identical to the swatch of cloth in this relic card.  

Honestly, through 15 packs without a hit I was starting to wonder if Topps royally screwed up packing out this year's boxes.  However, now that I know that we have a hit for sure, I feel much better moving into the final third of the box (I'm always hoping for framed relics/autos and rip cards)!

More to come from the box soon!

Comments

  1. Charlie Sheen is in the set, that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matsui just keeps showing up in A&G for some unknown reason ... Now that I know there are some '70s players in this set I'm going to be looking forward to your pack breaks even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing Matsui there as the 2009 World Series MVP! I was at Game 6 (clincher). Thanks for showing off the cards in this break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleagh okay it looks like super-generic uniforms for all the soccer players. I know Topps doesn't have the USA license but this is disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Martin. Now Charlie. Can Emilio be next?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment