Featured Post

2022 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 1 - Packs 9 - 12

I'm one-third of the way through my first box of 2022 Allen & Ginter.  So far, I haven't found any of the three promised hits but I have found a pair of mini inserts (that part is good at least since I plan to chase after all of the mini sets).  

I know that normally I reserve my Monday posts for TCDB trades but this past week was fairly quiet (only one incoming envelope) so I think I'll hold off on that for this week and instead keep going with my boxes of 2022 Allen & Ginter.

Now, we move onto the middle column of packs in the box!

Box 1:  

Pack 9
27.  Walker Buehler
69.  Cedric Mullins
110.  Jarren Duran
215.  Rachel Balkovec
284.  Stephen Dubner
301.  Jorge Soler
Mini:  198.  Marcus Semien
Pitching a Gem:  PAG-17.  Mariano Rivera


I'm still enjoying the Pitching a Gem cards, even if two of my three cards from the set thus far are Yankees.

Pack 10:
60.  Harmon Killebrew
76.  Randy Arozarena
109.  Mel Ott
154.  Duke Snider
229.  Scott Hanson
244.  Lance McCullers, Jr.
Mini:  A&G back:  248.  Charlotte North
Get That Bread:  GTB-1.  Burger


Another food-related insert, that burger on the card looks pretty good to me!  According to the card back, Americans eat 50 billion burgers every year.  That's insane!

Pack 11:
88.  Anthony Rendon
91.  Wander Franco
132.  Max Scherzer
264.  Gabriel Arias
270.  Adolis Garcia
316.  Kenley Jansen
Black border mini:  194.  Rad Lopez
Banner Season:  BS-46.  Bryce Harper


The black bordered mini design is different this year, more of a "half black border" look.  I kind of like the change of pace, it's still recognizable and yet it also feels a bit different.  

Pack 12:
25.  Paul Goldschmidt
169.  Jonathan Taylor
182.  Jonathan India
243.  Eddie Mathews
216.  Dave Hause
282.  Mark Duplass
Mini:  Time Out:  TO-1.  Power Outage
It's Your Special Day:  IYSD-6.  National Dog Day


My first Time Out mini of the box highlights a game between the White Sox and Red Sox back 2012 when there was a power outage in Chicago that led to a 21-minute delay in the sixth inning of the game.  

And with that, we've hit the halfway point of the box.  Still no hits have shown up but otherwise things have gone fairly well so far.  One thing that I have noticed, however, when sorting the base cards is how sticky the cards seem this year.  The base cards don't slide easily when trying to sort them and it's kind of driving me nuts already!

Stay tuned for the second half of the box which I'll be ripping into soon!

Comments

  1. I guess facing four or five batters qualifies as "pitching a gem" if it's a Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Chris... The Time Out minis look interesting. I'll have to see the checklist and see if Topps flubbed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still shocking to see Wander Franco with the RC symbol - then realized this is a late release and Topps kept him out 2021 later sets even though he came up 6/22/21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool that Scott Hanson got a card in the set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment